By: Rocio Rodriguez.
Reality Check has positively influenced in the world of fitness.
The fitness lifestyle is in fashion, we see how in the last decade people worry much more about eating healthy, exercise and lower their percentage of body fat because it is synonymous with health, definitely, ¨Strong is the new sexy¨. Social media, especially Instagram has played an important role in this lifestyle, many of us have been inspired or motivated by people who show us their healthy meals, the progress they have made, we see abdomens with squares, firm buttocks, marked legs and without cellulitis, toned arms and backs; In the and almost perfection.
When we have some time (not 2 or 3 months), I’m talking about 6 months or more of a year (because this progress takes time) in the quest to gain muscle mass or lose fat, eating and training the right way, and yet we still see those fat rolls when we sit, we still have cellulite and we compare ourselves with our body goals and hots bodies on Instagram, that’s when we realize that we didn’t reach even to the ankles.
Our main objective should be to improve our own version and stop comparing ourselves with others; since this is NOT a competition and like everything in life everyone has and goes at their own rhythm.
We should not believe in all those photos that we see on Instagram most are photoshopped and many factors influence in our body looks stylized or not, that is why everyday fitness bloggers and intragrammer become more famous and they viralize their photographs being honest themselves and showing us how the reality is without poses and without edition, the truth that this has made them even more popular. People are tired to put a filter on their life and unrealism. Be organic is much better.
These are some of the realities check those are in trends in social media:
1. Weighing less is not always synonymous with looking good or being healthy:
2. Everyone has fat rolls when we sit, still having the flat stomach and the most marked squares.
3. Posing (contracting and flexing) and without posing (Relaxed and without contracting).
4. In the morning our abdomen is flatter and we could better appreciate the squares this varies during the day because of the water we drink, what we eat, as well as foods that can swell us more than others.
5. Good light or lack of it can tell us in few seconds a before and after. And what about a good high-waisted trousers or just well-worn, definitely there are clothes that damage the figure.
The best is drink lots of water, make exercise, eat healthily, indulge your tastes and be HAPPY. Because we are perfectly imperfect.